As a social enterprise, Havenly combines business with direct services. Our operations require a high level of coordination, efficiency, and the ability to work across barriers (lingustic, gendered, educational..).
We are seeking a highly organized, experienced and committed intern to assist our Head Chef, Nieda, with operations at the kitchen and beyond. You will:
- Ensure and improve upon the efficiency of our inventory, production and sales systems;
- Support and assist our head chef with kitchen operations and customer service;
- Support product development and product standardization;
- Ensure the procurement of local, ethical and high quality ingredients;
- Create long-term sustainability in regards to operations and efficiency across the organization (support chefs and fellows with training, create partnerships or implement new software, etc.).
Preference for candidates with:
- Lived experience;
- Fluency in Spanish or Arabic;
- BA/MA/studying business, logistics, culinary arts, management.
- Experience working in the food industry at an operational and/or customer service level;
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and high cross-cultural competency;
- Excellent organizational skills and proven track record of success.