Structured Credit Intern – New York, NY or Dallas, TX
We are looking for strong interns for our Structured Credit team in New York City. This role will involve research into deal structure, modeling, and programming, typically using Python and Excel. You will work on research and development projects tied to the team’s analytics and trading. The Structured Credit team at HBK apply mathematical techniques and write software to develop, analyze, and implement statistical models for our financial trading strategies.
Our twelve-week paid summer internship allows you to work on real production level projects under the guidance of our engineers and analysts. Interns take part in every step of the projects from client interactions, design, and prototyping through delivering a finished product. You will be closely integrated with the team and regarded as a peer to our full-time HBKers.
While our interns come from a variety of backgrounds, they all possess a shared drive for impactful work, passion for technology, and intellectual curiosity. The ideal candidate is results-focused, persistent, and can set high complex goals and achieve them. He or she also brings a high level of integrity and accountability and will take full ownership of personal commitments to the rest of the team. Experience in financial markets is a plus, but not required. Demonstrated interest in finance is a must.
Required Job Skills
- Rising senior pursuing undergraduate or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Strong quantitative, statistical, and development skills (preferably Python and/or C++)
- Interest in the application of technology to investment management
- Effective time management and organization skills – ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast paced environment
- Successful candidates will have impressive academic achievement and be the top students in their respective math, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science and other technical and quantitative programs.
HBK Capital Management is an alternative investment firm currently managing approximately $8 billion in assets. The firm was founded in 1991 and employs approximately 175 individuals in Dallas, New York, London, and Charlottesville. Among the top-rated and longest-tenured hedge funds in the world, we have a refreshingly transparent and team-focused culture, low turnover, and a fun work environment.
Exceptional people have been central to the firm’s success, and we strive to have the best and brightest personnel in all areas of our organization.