This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Internship Opportunity: Communications Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to make an important impact in the world by helping to eradicate human trafficking in the US and globally. As HEAL Trafficking’s Communications Coordinator, you will take a leadership role in crafting HEAL’s social media strategy as well as hone your skills through a variety of other communications projects.
This position is ideal for a student seeking work experience, a professional reference and the opportunity to grow their portfolio. We are looking for someone who can commit to 10 hours a week of work with HEAL, for a minimum of 6 months.
HEAL (Health, Education, Advocacy, Linkage) is the leading non-governmental authority on Human Trafficking as a health issue. Our education and training materials are used the world over to not only shine a spotlight on the plight of those being trafficked, but to put an end to the practice as well. The settings we work in include hospitals, health centers, primary care settings, and all other health-related venues where trafficked people receive medical care. More than 68% of trafficked individuals ultimately come through one of these doors.
HEAL’s services are created specifically for health professionals, by health professionals. Our expertise and focus on the physical and mental health of trafficking victims, and the practitioners who treat them, provides the highest quality evidence-based education, training, materials, consultation, technical assistance, and advocacy work available anywhere.
- Work with the Development Consultant and Executive Administrator to develop and implement a comprehensive social media plan for HEAL. The plan will serve as a guide for creating and posting a variety of messages on our social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. Maximize “sharing” of links whenever and wherever possible;
- Work with the Development Consultant to build out the organization’s presence on charity evaluator organization platforms, such as Charity Navigator, Guidestar and others;
- Work with the Development Consultant to draft, finalize, and disseminate messaging to HEAL’s donors via Constant Contact and other email/snail mail platforms;
- Provide proofreading support on all communications materials to ensure complete accuracy;
- Incorporate measurement tools, analytics and reporting methods to gauge impact of all social media and web communications;
- Manage the current HEAL Social Media Google Drive folder of operational documents;
- Participate in regular meetings with the Executive Administrator and Development Consultant to review projects.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and best practices;
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills; strong attention to detail;
- Some experience using Canva, Photoshop, or other software for light design work
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Passionate about eradicating human trafficking in our lifetime!
Interested applicants please submit a focused cover letter, resume/CV, and social media portfolio via the Idealist portal. Please refer any questions about this listing to email@example.com.