Working at Health Advances allows analysts to gain broad exposure to the biopharma, medtech, diagnostics, health IT, healthcare services, and investor sectors as part of a growing firm. We are seeking candidates who share in our passion for making a direct impact on the healthcare industry as they work closely with colleagues who have a wide range of industry experience, such as MDs, PhDs, and MBAs.
Health Advances is recognized as a top consulting firm and receives high rankings annually for its comprehensive training in both healthcare and business topics. Our analysts are typically staffed on two cases at one time allowing them to simultaneously learn about multiple aspects of the healthcare industry. With projects spanning an average of 4-6 weeks, analysts will gain exposure to a variety of project work and sectors in their first year alone.
Health Advances is committed to continuous learning and the growth of its staff at all levels. Analysts join internal committees (examples: sector-specific, business development, and business analytics committees), attend seminars, and present at our weekly company meetings. Each analyst is paired with a go-to “buddy” in addition to a formal mentor who is part of the Management Team. Our mentorship program ensures that each individual has a tailored skill plan that tracks progress throughout the course of their career at Health Advances.
Analysts leverage prior knowledge in addition to current casework to develop the necessary skills for transition into levels of increased responsibility. Health Advances alumni are accepted into the top advanced-degree programs within several different fields and move on to challenging positions at organizations around the globe.
All interviews are case-oriented and provide the opportunity to work through actual examples of our projects.
- Synthesizing primary and secondary research and communicating insights to case teams and client
- Creating financial models to perform quantitative analyses
- Coordinating and participating in primary research through client, customer, physician and thought leader interviews
- Conducting secondary research on clinical, scientific, and business issues
- Developing presentations in collaboration with case teams for client deliverables
- Formal undergraduate or masters-level degree in the life sciences
- Exceptional quantitative skills
- Solid oral and written skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across all levels
- Sincere interest in learning about the business of healthcare in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize and focus time effectively to meet multiple client-driven objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Health Advances has openings for all start dates in 2022 (January, May, September) in Newton, MA, and San Francisco, CA. Please specify in your cover letter if you have a preference in office location.
At this time, Health Advances will only consider candidates for the analyst position who do not require sponsorship. Health Advances will consider H1-B sponsorship for candidates who have PhDs in the life sciences who are eligible for a minimum of 24 months of an OPT (Optional Practical Training) from their start date.
Health Advances may use third party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering, and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.
For Californian applicants, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Health Advances provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PLEASE CHECK YALE CAREER LINK FOR FINAL DETAILS