Interview Location: Virtual
Health Advances offers a unique opportunity to use your technical and clinical skills while honing your business acumen and industry insight necessary to become a well-rounded consultant. At Health Advances, you will enable companies to commercialize new products and formulate business strategies. Your understanding and appreciation of technical expertise areas differentiates our firm’s ability to create value for our clients. Join colleagues who seek to combine their scientific rigor with business interests and a passion for healthcare.
Health Advances is committed to continuous learning and the growth of its staff at all levels. Each senior analyst has a vice president or partner assigned as a formal mentor so that each individual has a tailored development plan and a defined path to promotion. Senior analysts leverage prior knowledge in addition to current casework to develop the necessary skills for transition into levels of increased responsibility. More than 30% of our consulting staff is a PhD or MD. With the right training, apprenticeship-type learning, and professional development, our PhDs and MDs become confident team leaders and successful directors, vice presidents and partners at Health Advances.
All interviews are case-oriented and provide the opportunity to work through actual examples of our projects.
- Seven-week training program that covers healthcare and business topics, a training project, and case shadow opportunity
- Dual staffing model allows consultants to simultaneously learn about multiple aspects of the healthcare industry
- Strategy-based projects with an average duration of 4-6 weeks increase exposure to a variety of project work and sectors
- Join internal committees (examples: business development, market research, and business analytics), attend seminars, and present at weekly company meetings
- Opportunities to work on projects that span across offices and/or are global in scope
- Minimal travel requirements provide work-life balance
- Collegial culture that encourages both level-specific and cross-level team building
- Synthesizing primary and secondary research into persuasive insights for the case teams and clients
- Creating and presenting portions of client presentations
- Conducting technical review
- Performing in-depth qualitative research with clinical and industry experts
- Executing quantitative market analyses
- Collaborating with team leaders to select appropriate analytical approaches
- Advanced degree in science and/or relevant consulting or industry experience
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and focus time effectively to meet multiple client-driven objectives
Health Advances has openings for all start dates in 2022 (January, May, September) in Newton, MA, San Francisco, CA. Please specify in your cover letter if you have a preference in office location.
Health Advances will consider H1-B sponsorship for candidates who have PhDs in the life sciences who are eligible for a minimum of 24 months of an OPT (Optional Practical Training) from their start date. We have open positions in Zug, Switzerland, and Hong Kong for candidates with work authorization for those locations.
Health Advances may use third party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering, and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.
For Californian applicants, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Health Advances provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
PLEASE CHECK YALE CAREER LINK FOR FINAL DETAILS