Paralegal Clerks who work in the International Trade Practice Area provide support to lawyers during the entire litigation process from the initial information-gathering stage, through discovery and trial, and ending with careful archival of case material. Subject to the supervision of the attorney(s) responsible for the matter, Paralegal Clerks may assist in such tasks as: correspondence and discovery, hearings and trials, administrative proceedings, briefs, and settlements. Paralegal Clerks also play a significant role in the retrieval, review and production of documents.
• Assist with document retrieval, review, organization, and receipt of materials received from co-counsel and client;
• Maintain case pleadings, correspondence, discovery, and research, electronically and in hard copy format;
• Act as custodian of all documents;
• Conduct legal research;
• Retrieve, organize, and index documents related to case files;
• Organize and prepare logs;
• Coordinate work with outside document/litigation vendors, including adherence to strict deadlines;
• Maintain confidentiality of client information;
• All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program; and
• Other duties as assigned.