Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 110,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT) is a strategic global business unit within Honeywell International, Inc. HBT innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in commercial fire systems and commercial security products. Its quality products, integrated system solutions and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find cutting-edge HBT technology all around you: at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries and schools.
The Global Regulatory Team has an immediate opportunity for a Project Engineering Intern within our HBT Regulatory department.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with demonstrated initiative, and will have a fundamental understanding of product compliance methodologies within a regulated global environment
· Act as a technical expert and manage regulatory projects for Honeywell Fire, Security and Connected Buildings portfolios
· Interpret regulatory standards and advise engineering teams so they meet product requirements
· Define product approval strategy in the areas of design, functionality and documentation
· Prepare test plans, setup systems, coordinate testing and obtain approval results with agencies
· Analyze task risks, deadlines and priorities to help management derive realistic project schedules
· Resolve ongoing compliance concerns with engineering, marketing & technical publication teams
· Utilize quality control procedures and approval guides to perform responsible test executions
· Direct group of global team members on test methodologies to comply with local requirements
· Develop standard work, implement best practices and train engineering team members
· Maintain product & equipment compliance to latest changes on various global agency standards
· Resolve manufacturing audit concerns by providing accurate & complete information
· Become a critical liaison between agencies and Honeywell’s engineering & quality teams
You Must Have:
· Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
· Graduate December 2021 or after
· Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
· Excellent communication skills – effective verbal and written English proficiency is required
· Capability to analyze requirements and manage product compliance from application to approval
· Strong problem-solving skills: prioritize and identify root causes and take corrective actions
· Basic MS office knowledge and ability to learn and use lab equipment. Examples: using oscilloscopes, building electric loads, wiring test setups, soldering test samples
**Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.**