This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Whether your degree relates to finance, science or the arts there is a place for you on our Global Banking Graduate Programme. Your skills and fresh ideas will help you establish an exciting career in a Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Global Liquidity and Cash Management role.
For: Final year students or recent graduates
Duration: Two years
Areas: Corporate Banking, Corporate Banking (off-cycle), Investment Banking or Investment Banking (off-cycle)
Start date: July 2022 onwards
On our competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will work towards a successful career in either Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Global Liquidity and Cash Management.
What you can expect
Our Global Banking business is one of the largest investment banking businesses of its kind. We offer 24-hour coverage of local markets and provide a full range of banking services to our clients. You can expect to work on exciting projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interact with clients and colleagues from around the world. Whether you choose Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Global Liquidity and Cash Management you will be able to explore innovative solutions for our clients.
Global Banking manages HSBC’s largest clients and delivers comprehensive solutions to complex strategic and capital market challenges. You will trade ideas and strategies, and interact with a broad range of clients, from multinational corporates to private equity firms. It’s a career choice that requires dedication, but one that will give you many rewards in return.
What you will do
You will stretch your own capabilities, challenge the status quo, strive to take your learning to the next level and improve services for our clients. Over your two-year programme, you will gain a good sense of where your skills fit best in either Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Global Liquidity and Cash Management and how these businesses collaborate together.
In Corporate Banking, you will gain first-hand experience of how our relationship managers, working closely with our product specialists, create innovative solutions to meet the banking needs of our largest corporate and institutional clients. You will have the opportunity to understand how we build sustainable trusted relationships with our clients, gain a great overview of the breadth of products HSBC can offer and see how we respond to our clients’ need by deploying these products into tailored solutions across multiple countries. You will learn how we can incorporate ESG into our client solutions, ranging from sustainable supply chains to raising green bond. You will also see how we help the Bank manage the risk inherent in our business ranging from credit, reputational to financial crime.
Our Graduate Programme will help you to develop a broad range of technical and transferable skills through a tailored development plan that supports your individual strengths. After completion of the programme you may have the opportunity for a six-month international assignment to help advance your professional development.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for dedicated and courageous people who are:
- Passionate role models. Being able to inspire, lead, manage and listen to both individuals and teams is important in building relationships that encourage mutual respect. Looking to the future for our clients is what keeps us ahead of our competition
- Dedicated multi-taskers. You might be working on several projects at any one time, meaning you should prioritise and manage your time, while keeping on top of constantly changing markets. Adhering to the rules and regulations we have will ensure you deliver the right results for multiple projects
- Supportive team players. Team work is an important part of our business, and your development. Having a collaborative attitude will help you to solve problems quickly and start to build a network of peers who are there to support you, and be supported too
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company that can offer opportunities to motivated, courageous people. Taking on a challenging project will not only be rewarding but will also show that you have the power to explore your interests and drive your career growth
- Intellectual curiosity. Our Global Banking business has a unique breadth of products in terms of what we offer and where we offer these solutions
What can this lead to?
If you succeed here, you could continue the work you’re doing in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Global Liquidity and Cash Management where you’ll have the opportunity to take your career in a number of directions. This may include taking on international opportunities or working across multiple products and geographies, while feeding your curiosity and developing an understanding of how we can best serve our clients. Requirements
You will graduate with an undergraduate or post graduate Degree in or before June 2022. Currently hold a 3.2 cumulative GPA or overseas equivalent. You will not require visa sponsorship for employment in the US now or in the future including OPT and F-1 visa. Be fluent in English and be legally permitted to work in the US.