This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
IBM Global Procurement is guided by our mission “to maximize value for our suppliers, clients and the IBM enterprise” Our Global Procurement team is seeking highly talented candidates with a passion for procurement, supply chain and market analysis. Positions are offered in Raleigh, NC (RTP), Poughkeepsie, NY and Austin, TX. Further expand your supply chain management knowledge and build a solid foundation towards a career in Global Procurement.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Support Global Procurement organization, responsible for supporting internal and/or external clients
- This role will report to a personnel manager within the IBM Global Procurement organization
- Requires ability to conduct market analysis, including market drivers, supplier profiles and relative negotiating positions.
- Support category strategy, tactical sourcing projects, competitive bid events, and/or transformation
- Communicate and negotiate with clients and suppliers through all levels of organization
- Analyze changing client/market conditions
- Educate and advise clients and suppliers on strategies
- Perform analysis to identify savings, define efficiency opportunities and tactical initiatives that should be undertaken
- Promote process efficiencies through focus on automated channels where applicable
- Identify appropriate potential suppliers to fit client’s business objectives
- Communicate supplier recommendations to clients based on objective criteria and fit for client business
- Track and report supplier performance and resolve any supplier performance issues
- Interact with procurement professionals in countries to assure consistent global approach
- Act in compliance with all relevant IBM business conduct guidelines and client driven procurement processes
This position is located in RTP, NC; POK, NY; Austin, TX Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge and experience in procurement and supply chain
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Supply chain management or similar discipline
About Business Unit
IBM Global Procurement – the purchasing arm of IBM. For more than 100 years, IBM has been at the forefront of innovation and transformation, and IBM Global Procurement has played a critical role in this journey.
We leverage strategic partnerships across our networks and utilize cutting edge technologies to act as a trusted business advisor to our clients. We recommend the greatest opportunities and execute with speed to capture value. Our goal is to delight our clients every day. The best way to accomplish this goal is by developing and driving innovative relationships among our greatest assets: our talented employees and our world-class supplier base. Together we improve the client experience and provide the best possible outcomes. Global Procurement enables internal and external client’s success by actively supporting their purchasing needs. We support contract deliverables that meet or exceed targeted SLA’s through market analysis, supplier profiles, negotiations, and supplier relationship management.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities. Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone. It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law. IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.