This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The smartest companies today fully leverage data analytics for strategic decision making. The IBM Chief Analytics Office, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters, combines business knowledge with big data to direct the future of IBM’s strategic transformation. Do you want to drive significant change within a leading global company and influence C-suite level decisions?
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2022 (3 MONTHS)
This position is an internal Senior Strategy Consultant Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives. This position’s responsibilities include diving into business problems, formulating and testing hypotheses using quantitative analysis, and delivering insights that drive business impact. You are passionate about using data to solve business problems. You are a creative thinker and an influential leader trusted to prove actionable recommendations. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To qualify for this position, you must possess the following:
- Pursuing MS in Business, Economics, Mathematics, or related STEM field plus work experience
- Experience and/or coursework in statistics and mathematics
- Experience in basic computer programming
- Experience and/or coursework in finance, marketing, strategy, economics, and accounting
- Demonstrated comfort with conducting hypothesis-based structured thinking to identify potential root cause of an issue
- Demonstrated comfort in dealing with large datasets and conducting analysis
- Demonstrated comfort in telling a compelling story through visual tools such as PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to model business cases to justify project investments and showcase benefit
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and navigate the complexities of a large organization
- Demonstrated mentorship and leadership skills
- Demonstrated a strong desire for proactiveness and self-direction in problem solving
- Demonstrated a strong desire to learn new skills and excitement towards undertaking challenging transformations
- Demonstrated a strong interest in Data Science and analytics projects
- Demonstrated a strong interest in Enterprise Technology industry
- You have advanced oral and written communication skills
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment
- You live or are willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Additional consideration will be given for these qualifications:
- Pursuing an MBA from a STEM eligible program
- Proficiency in Python for data analytics
- Prior experience in a consulting organization working on transformation projects
- Prior experience at a technology organization taking ideas to launching products
- Prior experience managing a team, directly or indirectly
- Prior knowledge about IBM products and Hybrid Cloud / AI industry trends
About Business Unit
The Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology and the power of artificial intelligence, we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities. Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone. It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Supplemental 1 employees may be eligible for paid holidays, paid sick time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.