The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)—the world’s top-ranked think tank for science and technology policy—seeks a policy analyst to conduct research and engage in public policy debates on a range of issues related to innovation in the biopharmaceutical industry, with a particular focus on U.S. competitiveness and drug innovation. ITIF has long focused on this area of innovation and now seeks to ramp up its work. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The policy analyst will conduct research on a host of economic issues related to the biopharma industry, including U.S. competitiveness relative to other nations and the role of regulation, including drug pricing, on innovation. The position reports to ITIF’s Vice President of Global Innovation Policy. The analyst will conduct research and author reports, blog posts, and op-eds. The position will ideally be based in Washington, DC, but remote work is possible.
The ideal applicant will have strong economic analysis capabilities, including a facility with econometrics, and an understanding the economics of industry and economic policy.
The successful candidate will have the chance to shape and deliver an exciting program of work on the economics of life-sciences innovation and be part of a dynamic and committed team.
- Monitor and analyze ongoing policy developments and engage in public debates on biopharma competitiveness and innovation.
- Carry out in-depth economic research and communicate findings by writing clear and incisive policy reports, op-ed articles, blog posts, and other publications.
- Represent ITIF as a public speaker at conferences, panel discussions, debates, and other events.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and networks with key stakeholders involved in research and policy.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position. Resumes submitted without a tailored cover letter will not be considered.
- A writing sample of relevant materials not more than 5-7 pages.