This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Develops and implements company and regulatory quality standards in the manufacturing facility.
- Knowledgeable of industry and governmental regulations affecting product quality.
- Develops, implements, revises and maintains quality standards, tools and methods for processing materials into finished products.
- Works across all functional areas Operations, Technical Support, Customer Support, Sales, to ensure quality, customer service, and practices in support of the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Monitors volumes and makes suggestions.
- Reviews metrics to ensure that procedures are being followed and makes suggestions regarding training needs or performance enhancement offerings.
- May design and maintain test equipment and scripts.
- Verifies and maintains test documentation; tracks product issues and verifies resolutions.
- Develops and implements quality control objectives and plans.
- Performs product inspections and/or audits.
- May conducts QC tests on repaired products.
- Communicates and assists in the resolution of quality related problems.
- Responsible for providing expertise in deploying Lean and Six Sigma programs and initiatives and directing teams to achieve desired results using Six Sigma methodologies.
- Support the analysis, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of key projects to help Ingram Micro ITAD to achieve continuous improvement objectives. Using Six Sigma methodology and analytics, accomplish measurable business process improvements.
- Job duties might include instructing cross-functional teams in adapting to and understanding improvement processes, facilitating Kaizen, maintaining LEAN initiatives and overseeing process improvement projects. This individual may also be required to interpret customer needs and requirements, translate concepts into practice, identify process improvement opportunities, and quantify results and trends.
- Make recommendations and develop and present formal presentations to senior management. Six Sigma Black Belts will typically share best practices methods and ideas, as well as coach and mentor others, particularly Six Sigma Green Belts.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law. What you bring to the role:
- Established and productive professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Works on moderate to complex projects.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives moderate level of guidance.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues.
- A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a field related courses include statistics, business administration, and accounting. Experience in continuous improvement and prefer applicants with extensive Six Sigma training and certification.