We are hiring a Sensory Technician who will be responsible for supporting sensory testing programs, with a focus on the descriptive program, and including discrimination, consumer, and qualitative testing methods. This Technician will partner principally with the Senior Technician to support the execution of tactic and strategic Sensory studies so results are highly accurate and reproducible. The Technician will lead the upkeep of the Sensory laboratory and Sensory panel evaluation rooms; and maintain good safety and housekeeping practices by adhering to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines.
As a Technician:
- You will have the opportunity to learn about Sensory Consumer Science, including how samples are prepared and how information is documented for traceability in order to demonstrate the value of our ingredient solutions to key stakeholders.
- You will also gain hands-on exposure to a wide range of ingredients and finished products in support of the value proposition for our ingredient solutions.
As a Global Sensory Technician, your responsibilities will include:
Provide Sensory Descriptive Panel Support:
- Preparation of Samples, including preparation of samples using protocols, sample labelling, and purchasing reference products and serving receptacles (on-line and in-store) for panel, product cuttings and consumer testing.
- Documentation, including datasheets, preparation protocols, recording pull dates of commercial products, creating, updating, and organizing lab logs, create and maintain product databases, make and update shopping lists.
- Restocking supplies & proper storage of products.
Panel session set up according to written procedures, including following set up logs, delivery of samples & other materials to each panelist.
Support the upkeep and cleaning of Sensory Laboratory & Sensory Panel Rooms.
Reviews, update and maintains descriptive panel testing calendar. Consistent follow-up to make sure studies are on track and samples are submitted in time to move projects to successful completion. Also support the panel attendance monitoring with the panel manager.
The Global Sensory Technician position is well-suited for you if you:
Have a disciplined approach to routine work with a strong work ethic and high level of integrity and can follow instructions.
Are efficient with your time and enthusiastic about your work
Are a team player that is flexible, adaptable and agile.
Are personable and able to work with a diverse group of people and work styles with a variety of people across the organization
Value building relationships within a team and internal partners within project teams
Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and incorporate change in a dynamic work environment
Qualified candidates will have the ability to:
Perform standardized and routine assignments involving a sequence of related operations with minimal or no supervision
Work independently and accurately carry out assignments, review data for accuracy and communicate results in a timely manner to project technical leaders
Communicate errors to Manager and work to resolve them
Communicate and convey information in a clear, focused and straightforward manner
Comprehend and follow well defined and documented technical instructions and sensory procedures
Handle multiple priorities to bring work to a close
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must have:
- Associate degree in a science with laboratory or product development lab experience, preferably in a consumer-packaged goods or flavor company.
- A high interest in food and be able to taste all types of food and beverage. Enjoy working in a food laboratory preferable.
- Basic chemistry skills with laboratory environment experience and solid understanding of lab practices.
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.