Our Onsite Strategy Analyst program focuses on developing professionals in venture capital and PE investing. If you are an ambitious undergrad, you are passionate and curious about software, technology and scale-ups, and you enjoy using data and analytics to tackle complex problems, then we’d love to have you join us.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with growing, innovative tech scale-ups and help these companies solve some of their most difficult problems.
What You’ll Do
Funding technology scale-ups is not easy work. It is a competitive environment where many firms are trying to find their next “winner.” Insight’s approach is unique, and our Strategy Analysts are involved in the entire company lifecycle from diligence of the initial investment through operating and ultimately exit.
From day one, you will be on the front lines helping our Investment teams make sound decisions. You will work with a team (3-5 members) to diligence potential investments. You will gather, analyze, and interpret information that forms the basis of Insight’s investment thesis. Each diligence is different but some common responsibilities include:
• Building a market sizing model and doing market research
• Interviewing a company’s customers, potential customers, channel partners, or employees
• Modeling and benchmarking company financials
• Analyzing data in customer transaction database
• Designing, launching and analyzing a customer survey
You will learn how to form an investment thesis, validate (or refute) the thesis, and clearly communicate both your quantitative and qualitative findings in memos and business meetings.
Also, over time a Strategy Analyst will have the opportunity to learn from and work with Insight’s Operating Partners and Venture Partners across our Centers of Excellence (which touch the critical functional areas of a software company including Sales, Marketing, Product, and Service & Success). Our Operating Partners and Venture Partners are industry leaders who work collaboratively with the CEOs of our companies and help them achieve their ambitious goals. Our Operating and Venture Partners offer great insights on general management topics such as how to set a business vision, evaluate a sales and marketing function, run an effective post-merger integration and much more.
Insight has a strong tradition of promoting from within, but Insight Onsite alumni have gone on to start companies, run businesses, become investors, or attend graduate school.
• Undergraduate degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement (business or quantitative degrees are a plus)
• Demonstrated aptitude for analytics and quantitative problem-solving skills
• A solid team player with a proven record of leadership who’s also an independent thinker
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
• Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.