This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Africa, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, cycling and walking, travel demand management, parking, transport policy, shared mobility, and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
The MOBILIZE Program under ITDP’s Global Program is seeking an Intern to work side by side with the Program Manager. This internship will be remote. The intern may work from any state in the continental U.S. and must be available to work during our Eastern time zone office hours. There is a preference for an intern who can work in our New York City office when it reopens. The Global Program aims to scale up the implementation of sustainable transport measures around the world by collecting and spreading information. The MOBILIZE Program supports that mission by providing capacity building through workshops and events hosted year round to help disseminate ITDP’s work and products. The MOBILIZE Intern will support these efforts through research, data collection, and contributing to written and visual materials. This role will be communications focused both in developing content and editing content for external audiences.
The MOBILIZE Intern will report to the MOBILIZE Manager and will work with staff across all ITDP offices. ITDP strives to integrate interns into our daily operations, with the expectation that the MOBILIZE Intern will provide meaningful support to our ongoing projects while gaining valuable experience and education in the field. Therefore, an availability of 15-20 hours per week is required. This position will last from August 2021 to the end of December 2021 and may be extended into the next academic year. A computer will be provided during the internship.
- Create a database of the Sustainable Transport Award nominations and support in researching and data collection for case studies.
- Review, update and assess website content and copy.
- Draft copy and edit content for the MOBILIZE Capacity Building Program and update as necessary.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, presentations, webinars by notetaking or assisting with backend tech support.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for organizing events (physical and virtual) and study tours locally and abroad.
- In tandem with the Communications team and Mobilize Team, support with communications in developing creative content, and editing documents as needed.
- Support the team on reports and data collection.
- Draft communication emails for participants and follow up messaging as needed.
- Administrative duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in cities, sustainable transportation, urban planning, nonprofit management, capacity building/e-learning or related areas.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program in communications, creative writing, urban planning, NPO management, international relations or related fields.
- Good communicator with strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of conducting fast-paced, comprehensive internet research.
- Strong attention to detail, self-directed, organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal communications to conduct interviews for information research.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, especially to discern and prioritize urgent requests.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, word, google application.
- Must be available August 2021- December 2021 with an option to extend to 2022. A stipend is available of $300 per week for a 15 hour work week and $400 per week for a 20 hour work week.
- Proficiency in Spanish, or Portuguese a plus.
- Creative writer