Intensity is a vibrant professional services firm that applies expertise in economics, finance, and statistics to solve complex problems organizations face in both the marketplace and the courtroom. As we continue to expand our team, we are looking to add driven professionals seeking an opportunity that promotes growth in a merit-based environment. Our projects involve high-stakes litigation matters that provide an opportunity to work closely with prestigious law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and high-growth corporations.
We are seeking analysts who are relentless problem solvers, true team players, and driven to succeed. Of course, exceptional capabilities are a must. Extraordinary analytical skills, superior quantitative training, remarkable communication, and amazing creativity are the foundation for successful Intensity analysts. Ideal applicants are currently pursuing or already have a degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or another quantitative field from a leading university. Professional experience is a plus, yet not required.
Intensity offers generous compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, paid holidays, flexible paid time off, and a 401(k)/profit sharing plan. Intensity has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in San Diego.
The position is offered in our headquarters in San Diego.
The Analyst position at Intensity requires exceptional analytical skills and solid quantitative training. We are a lean team that operates under a flat structure, meaning that roles are flexible, and each team member is given as much responsibility as they are willing to take on. You will not be restricted to a set development track—rather, your ambitions and capabilities will determine how you grow and advance.
Analyst responsibilities may include:
– Building financial models using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
– Crafting analytical arguments; drafting reports, memoranda, and letters
– Identifying and synthesizing research on marketplace dynamics, conduct of market participants, and competitive performance
– Assembling, processing, and analyzing raw economic, financial, and operational data
– Constructing econometric models using statistical software such as Stata (and in certain cases, advanced computer programming)
– Creating graphical presentations in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software
– Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or another quantitative field
– Exceptional analytical skills
– Solid quantitative training
– Substantial experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Strong written and verbal communications skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively
– Organization, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
– Desire to receive constructive feedback
– Motivation to exceed expectations
– Creativity, innovation, and intellectual curiosity
– Experience in Stata, Python, R, and other software programs is helpful, yet not required
Interested in becoming a part of the Intensity team? We would love the opportunity to get to know you! Please send a thoughtful cover letter, resume, academic transcripts, and an academic writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The writing sample should fairly represent your individual writing abilities.
We believe in transparency throughout all phases of the application and interviewing process, and thus welcome any information you deem helpful in assisting us to collectively determine whether there is a good fit for you at Intensity. For more information about us, please visit our website at www.intensity.com.