This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty. Since March 2020, the focus of organizations’ programs has been to address the impact of COVID-19 on rural communities.
IIRR is looking for intelligent, strategic, and resourceful thinkers to help the organization expand its branding and social media efforts. Advocacy and Marketing Interns will work under the direction of the Operations Manager.
This is an unpaid internship but available for class credits. We have two internship models:
(i) full-time – requires 5 days (40 hours) a week commitment of 3 months
(ii) part-time – requires 4 days (28 hours) a week commitment of 6 months
Responsibilities may include one or more of the following:
- Research and develop content for multi-channel communications platforms to support external communications and PR of the organization
- Support copywriting, graphic designing and curating content for social media channels, website, and blogs to raise visibility on our COVID-19 global response
- Help lead branding of the organization by assisting the implementation of social media campaigns across multiple platforms
- Support external communications to expand the organization’s online reach by liaising with local, national and international journalists to support development and execution of media coverage
- Support documentation, including video and photography
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Impeccable writing skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
- A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
- Ability and willingness to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week