Do you want to steer the future of one of the largest consumer robot companies in the world? As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer you will have an important hand in developing the next generation of robots that will live in millions of homes across the world. As a pioneer in the robot industry, our goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst, and change the world by empowering people to do more.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate on the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of robotics embedded software
- Solve complex problems with elegant solutions and apply judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests in resource-constrained systems
- Evaluate potential new features to fielded products to continue to delight our customers
- Participate in the evaluation and guidance for iRobot’s next-gen products
- Participate in mentoring and educating the team on trends, technologies, and best practices
- 3+ years of experience in embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Experience working with sensors, actuators, and motors
- Solid understanding and experience in design patterns, data structures and advanced programming techniques
- Excellent knowledge of embedded software such as: interrupts, ADCs, DMA, SPI, inter-processor communication, protocols, and clock management
- Excellence at writing embedded C/C++ and familiarity with a Linux Environment
- Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE ALSO EXHIBITS BEHAVIORAL SKILLS THAT INDICATE:
open-mindedness, excellent communication/interpersonal skills, flexible in completing tasks in a dynamic workplace, positive attitude, strong work ethic, self-motivated, organized
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THE JOB
iRobot develops best-in-class technologies to deliver easy-to-use, effective, and intelligent products. iRobot changed the way people clean with the Roomba robot vacuum and Braava family of mopping robots.
Come join a company full of creative and friendly individuals working together to make the impossible possible.