About Jade Academy:
Jade Academy is an alternative international educational organization dedicated to advancing innovative, interactive pedagogical practices. We provide project-based and experiential learning programs during winter/summer break as well as within our after-school classes. Our focus is on teaching future-oriented, interdisciplinary subjects in the humanities (English), social sciences (History), & STEM subjects that can prepare students for SAT/AP/IB but are taught through the lens of global social issues as well as life/leadership values. Student projects and achievements are showcased in personalized portfolios as they prepare for college and beyond.
Do you love designing learning experiences? Are you always thinking about new material for your lesson plans? Do students and parents adore you? Do you dream of creating your ideal school and building a model for innovation in education? If so, we’re looking for a talented, mission-aligned educator who has thorough knowledge of blended learning environments and understands our vision.
What you’ll do – Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
● Teach 45 min – 2 hour blocks at least 2-3 times a week (You can choose your class load and teach up to 10 classes a week.)
● Develop curriculum using our LMS and deliver instructional plans in inter-connected online/on-campus environment
● Lead and design experiential, project-based learning activities in real-world contexts
● Organize and prepare resources, field trips, guest speakers connected to the students’ learning
● Analyze student data and collaborate with fellow instructors to improve curriculum as well as adjust and advise instruction accordingly
● Commit to building a professional teaching community by making regular contributions (including curriculum, best practices, and research findings)
● Provide personalized support and mentorship to students, working one-on-one or in small groups with students; Build strong student relationships based on deep trust over multiple years
● Communicate consistently and frequently with parents about students’ goals and progress, take in feedback and address any questions or concerns directly, positively and in a timely manner.
● Travel and run international summer/winter programs in various cities across the globe.
Who you are – The Ideal Candidate:
● Extremely passionate about education…it’s a calling, not a career!
● At least 1 year of full-time teaching experience (bonus if you have a teaching credential)
● An expert in your subject area (bonus if you have a bachelor’s or master’s in the field)
● Familiar with IB/AP/Common Core Standards and experience in online learning
● A sense of humor and warmth, and love working students who you connect easily with
● Entrepreneurial mindset and flexible spirit. Desire to increase responsibility over time and a commitment to grow with JA a plus
● A fluent native English speaker/writer (bonus if you can speak conversational Chinese)
● Ability to work independently with little supervision…takes lots of initiative.
● A graduate of a Top 50 University
What you get – Perks & Benefits
● A team of educators deeply committed to our work and each other
● Competitive compensation starting at ¥800RMB/$115USD per hour. (At Jade Academy, we value talent very highly and are happy to make compensation adjustments based on performance and abilities.)
● Flexible schedule. Feel free to choose your own hours
● Remote work options. Our office is based in Beijing, but we have a network of teachers all across the globe.
● Free meals and snacks on campus
● Unlimited vacation policy
● Paid professional development