The Rotational Development Program (RDP) is designed to prepare you for a key cross-departmental role within the firm. During the program, you will spend structured time in 3-5 sub-groups of Jane Street’s Infrastructure Group. These sub-groups include compliance, finance, settlements, risk, and more.
During each of your rotations, you will be working on projects that help you understand each group’s fundamental functions as well as its role within the firm. These projects include:
- Analyzing data from various sources and communicating relevant findings to different internal groups.
- Identifying bottlenecks in existing processes and implementing solutions to streamline them.
- Integrating new business initiatives into our operational, regulatory, and technical infrastructure.
The role includes a mix of project management and rolling up your sleeves, with a goal of helping you develop a comprehensive understanding of Jane Street’s business.
If this position sounds interesting but you’re looking for an internship opportunity please consider our Business Development Internship, listed under our open Infrastructure positions.
While we don’t expect you to have a background in any specific field, we are looking for smart people who enjoy solving difficult problems. You should:
- Have the aptitude for developing a broad range of technical skills, e.g., querying databases, understanding and writing computer code.
- Be comfortable comprehending high-level concepts, including technical, financial, legal, etc.; applying the concepts to make informed, concrete decisions; and taking the necessary steps to ensure those decisions are executed.
- Be proactive and self-motivated with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a reliable, courteous, and flexible team player.
About Jane Street
Jane Street is a quantitative trading firm that uses innovative technology, a scientific approach and a deep understanding of markets to guide our business. We are a global liquidity provider and market maker, operating around the clock and around the globe, out of offices in New York, London, Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
The markets change rapidly, and we need to change faster still. Every day, we come to work with new problems to solve, new systems to build and new theories to test. We’re always looking for people to join us and help come up with that next great idea.
The environment is intellectual and collaborative, relaxed and playful, with a strong focus on education. You’ll learn about trading and our technology stack through in-house classes, guest lectures and on-the-job experiences. You’ll have the freedom to get involved in many different areas of the business and we’re small enough that you can quickly and clearly see the impact of your work.