About the Position
We are looking for a coordinator to support our Recruiting team as we identify, interview, and hire experienced professionals in our New York office.
At Jane Street, hiring the right people is one of the most important parts of our business. We have developed a dynamic recruitment strategy and engaging interview process to hand-select more than 1,500 employees from the world’s best and brightest talent. Our ability to find and hire this talent has helped Jane Street to become one of the most innovative high-tech trading firms in the world.
In this role, you will be trained on day-to-day candidate coordination and the strategy behind our approach. You’ll work alongside our seasoned team to learn how we create an incredible candidate experience from start to finish. Your day to day work will be key to the entire life cycle of searches within our Engineering teams, and will involve keeping our applicant tracking system up to date, scheduling interviews, managing recruiting calendars, coordinating live interviews as they happen, and managing several other reporting tools.
Our ability to get the little things right is what drives our recruiting success. The right candidate for this position will be highly organized with excellent attention to detail. They will be comfortable managing several projects and priorities throughout the candidate life cycle.
Our team prides itself on putting people first and maintaining the human element of recruiting. The ability to balance efficiency with genuine empathy for the candidates considering careers with us will make this coordinator a valuable addition to all aspects of the team.
- 1+ year of professional experience or a relevant recruiting/HR internship preferred
- Eager to learn new skills and make an immediate impact
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues, candidates, and search firms
- Approachable and humble attitude about what you do and don’t know; not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Motivated self-starter who works effectively and handles competing priorities
- Naturally curious about the operations of the firm and how recruiting fits into the bigger picture
- No financial industry experience required
- Fluency in English required