Position: Software Developer IV| Full Time | Remote
Write, modify, and debug software for client applications. Work closely with the team, and report clearly and accurately to management. Perform engineering level tests to find defects, troubleshoot and debug development and production issues, validate software issues; resolve issues with due urgency and maintain thorough documentation of all software solutions. Ensure architectural consistency of the application. Assist with research and development. Thorough knowledge of business logic in one or more modules of the application, or comparable work experience.
- Work closely and effectively with your team, management and designers to build world class software applications
- Translate design specifications to web or client applications that work well across multiple devices.
- Contribute to design and architecture of our platform to meet business requirements.
- Stay current on the latest web tools, client side technologies, standards, and practices.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure delivery of high quality software.
- Work with SQL and relational databases, and assist DBAs to design and update database tables, queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Assist other developers with questions; willing to help the team when asked.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Ability and desire to both estimate tasks and meet deadlines, working effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for software applications, including web, client, server, and others.
- Ensure architectural integrity and consistency across the entire product. Design new software applications.
- Work closely with product management to build and maintain the product backlog for Jenzabar EX.
- Develop technical specifications or prototypes, as needed, as well as document best practice or development standards for product development.
- Perform development work on the more intricate aspects of the architecture and system.
- Work as needed with the support team to help resolve difficult technical issues in our customer base.
- Provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to the development team and management on matters of technical architecture and infrastructure developments, including their feasibility. Promote the re-use of code, components, and systems to ensure that these support the widest range of company products possible and are aligned with technical strategy.
- Assist management by advising on product road-maps to achieve strategic goals and evaluating options in the short, medium and long term
- Evaluate existing and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of a technical architecture.
- Experience of communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Preferred Skills & Experiences
- Development on web application that utilized Responsive Web Design techniques highly preferred.
- Well versed in SQL and relational databases. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Twitter Bootstrap CSS Framework, knowledge of Agile/iterative development processes and higher education experience are all pluses.
- Experience with PowerBuilder, VB6, and knowledge of administrative software.
Jenzabar provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.