Title: Business Development Analyst
Location: Boulder, CO
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: VP, Commercial Transactions
At juwi, we’re taking solar energy to the next level. With the goal to bring solar power online over the next several years, we seek a Business Development Analyst to bring our vision to life.
The Business Development Analyst will be responsible and accountable for supporting and executing the origination strategy of the company in the North American market. The Business Development Analyst will work closely with the company’s senior management group, Finance and Legal teams as well as the Business Development team leadership to execute the company’s origination goals. The position will present an opportunity to connect and collaborate with senior leadership and well as have meaningful access to the company’s thought-leaders through an active mentoring and sponsorship model.
In this role, you’ll:
- Generally support the Business Development group activities as assigned by the Business Development team leadership, senior management and other related functional groups within the company, including the Finance and Legal groups; representative tasks may include
- Conducting market research,
- Supporting senior executives with idea generation, analysis and advice on origination and execution of new projects,
- Supporting the Finance and Project Development groups for purposes of creating relevant financial models,
- Collecting business and technical content from diverse functional groups within the company and incorporating such content into Business Development deliverables,
- Identifying process bottlenecks or resource constraints in connection with assigned tasks and communicating them to supervisors on a timely basis,
- Making recommendations regarding the prioritization of origination priorities,
- Proactively reporting the status of assigned business development tasks to the Business Development team leadership
- Take ownership of the company’s goal to generate energy project proposals on a high-volume basis, including
- Preparing Request-For-Proposal responses (managing and collecting content and drafting the proposals),
- Creating and sending out unsolicited proposals to potential customers,
- Working on multiple projects and transactions at any given time with multiple teams,
- Managing, updating and supplementing the company’s customer database
- Implement, execute and improve the tools and documentation used to communicate and report origination opportunities and priorities and the Business Development activities that are underway in support of these initiatives
- In connection with the tools and documentation described above, maintain and promote clear communication with and among the company’s Finance, Project Development, Legal and Business Development groups about the status of business origination activities and opportunities
- Arrange and facilitate/lead customer meetings among the Business Development team, the company’s senior management and potential customers once an origination opportunity has sufficiently ripened
- Effectuate a clean “hand off” of project opportunities to the company’s Project Development group
· Bachelor’s degree with 0 – 5 years of professional experience.
· Highly skilled in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Analytical skills for problem solving.
· Demonstrated efficiency in completing multi-disciplinary tasks.
· Detailed-oriented and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel through the United States and work flexible hours.
· Desire to grow professionally.
· Interest in renewable energy.
· Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Strong team player with whatever it takes attitude.
Any offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon drug screening, in accordance with Section 12-3-3, B.R.C. 1981.
juwi Inc. (“juwi”), based in Boulder, Colorado, and majority-owned by MVV Energie AG based in Germany, is a developer and turnkey EPC contractor of solar power plants throughout North America. juwi’s main focus is the development, construction and operation of utility-scale power plants (1 MW or larger).
The skills and capabilities of every juwi employee are essential in making our work a reality. We realize this is a direct result of a diverse staff, and our diversity initiative takes every effort to ensure this is reflected in our hiring efforts and operations.
Annual Base Salary Range:
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications and experience. This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on certain company and individual performance metrics.
juwi offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
· Short-term and Long-term Disability
· 401(k) with matching and fees paid by the company
· Paid Holidays
· PTO and Vacation
juwi is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. juwi prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.