This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organizations succeed and grow.
We are seeking market research professionals with 0-2 years of experience to join our team in Summer 2021! This entry-level position is an integral part of our project teams and is involved in all phases of our global market research projects. Analysts are heavily involved in questionnaire design, data analysis and interpretation, and working in small teams to deliver results. The Analyst role is the heart and soul of what we do. Brand Strategy (formerly MaPS) is famous for our highly sophisticated custom market research approaches, robust analytic capabilities, and strategic marketing consulting services. We use connected data intelligence to unlock insights that help clients drive growth.
- Designing research questionnaires to address the client’s research objective
- Managing day to day processes throughout a project including study programmers, data collection vendors and data processing facilities
- Monitoring and communicating the study’s progress to the team and suggesting adjustments to the study when needed
- Working closely with team members from all business levels and across multiple time zones
- Analyzing and interpreting data and statistical models for client deliverables and ad hoc requests
- Assisting in the development of story-driven reports by synthesizing market research data CAPABILITIES
Successful Analysts within the Brand Strategy team (a specialty group within Kantar Analytics) are intellectually curious, strategic thinkers, and excellent communicators. They love data and how it can tell a story. We hire for this role directly from college or industry, so most incoming Analysts have 0-2 years’ of relevant experience. We want candidates who have a deep desire to learn and have a strong work ethic.
Additional requirements include:
- BA/BS in any discipline
- Demonstrated interest in marketing research
- Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills
- Strong time management capabilities
- Robust oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and quantitative aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in marketing research and/or statistics is desirable, but not required