The Architectural Designer I is an entry level junior design professional, such as a student intern or recent graduate, who assists their immediate supervisor in cooperation with the project team to develop high quality design and construction documents. The Architectural Designer I will learn to apply theoretical knowledge to practical application through the day-to-day tasks assigned to them.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide design support for projects, include drafting and creation of initial renderings, drawings, and 3D models.
• Assist in the preparation of presentation materials including physical and digital model building.
• Perform elementary design computations.
• Understand basic design elements such as proportion, color, light, texture & scale.
• Visualize and communicate in two and three dimensions.
• Encouraged to try to solve design problems using experience, judgment and education.
• Expected to ask for assistance when needed.
• Assist in the preparation and revision of construction documents.
• Perform all computer tasks according to project technical and design standards.
• Assist in field surveys.
• Research technical systems, equipment, materials and finishes.
• Organize and estimate own time to execute tasks.
• Check own work for errors, omissions and legibility.
• Coordinate distribution of submission materials.
• Maintain organized work area to provide efficient access to information and project files.
Note: This is a remote position out of the New York office.
• Professional degree in Architecture (or in process of acquiring).
• 0 – 2 years of architectural office experience.
• Proficiency in the following software: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, 3D Max, Rhino
• Basic design and production skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.