The Lazard Private Capital Advisory Group serves as an advisor in the marketing and sale of various financial products. The group has three lines of business:
· Private equity fund placement: raising institutional capital for buyout, growth capital, distressed and turnaround, venture capital and mezzanine fund managers;
· Real estate fund placement: raising institutional capital for real estate fund managers; and
· Secondary private market advisory: conducting sales processes of existing fund positions or direct company interests on behalf of both fund managers and institutional investors.
The team is comprised of two primary functions: transaction management and investor coverage. The transaction management team is located in New York City and London. The team works closely with the fund manager and is responsible for evaluating potential new business opportunities, preparing the offering materials to take a transaction to market, preparing and updating due diligence materials, managing the due diligence process and effectively coordinating roadshows.
The investor coverage team is located across multiple offices in the U.S., an office in London and an office in Singapore. This team has highly cultivated relationships with more than 1,000 institutional investors globally, including public and corporate pension funds; endowments and foundations; financial institutions; fund of funds managers; family offices, and sovereign wealth funds.
The transaction management and investor coverage teams collaborate in order to ensure a targeted and effective marketing process.
Summer Analysts in Lazard’s Private Capital Advisory Group join the transaction management team. Interns will work in tandem with Analysts and Associates as they work closely with the fund managers, both in the preparation of marketing materials and during the marketing and due diligence phases of the fund.
The Summer Analyst’s specific duties may include:
· Preparing presentation materials for prospective clients;
· Analyzing client financial and performance information and assisting in the group’s due diligence investigations of prospective clients;
· Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials, including private placement memoranda and investor presentation materials,
· Managing the roadshow, travel and related logistics of capital raising activities,
· Communicating regularly with Lazard’s institutional investor coverage professionals;
· Assisting in preparing responses to investor due diligence requests;
· Maintaining a database of investor commentary, feedback and interest in a particular fund; and
· Tracking market data to assist the group’s communications with fund managers and limited partners.
Candidates should be university students in their penultimate year and top academic performers who are willing to work in an unstructured environment, which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning. Academic backgrounds may vary (no background in finance or accounting is required), however candidates must be comfortable with basic financial concepts and enjoy quantitative work.
This position is available in New York, please apply on our website.