The Software Engineer Summer Intern at Lazard will work within the Data Analytics Group. The primary responsibility is designing, building, testing, and maintaining large-scale software applications and data products. The Software Engineer Summer Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with data scientists, investment bankers and senior management across the Firm.
Successful candidates should have a strong programming and quantitative background.
The summer internship will begin in late May to early June and will run for 10 weeks, concluding in early August.
· Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
· Excellent object-oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
· Strong knowledge and prior experience with the full software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
· Experience in relational databases such as MySQL, or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or ElasticSearch.
· Experience with a frontend technology stack including Vue and Express.
· Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure.
· A passion for understanding real world problems through data analysis and presentation.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
· Experience with DevOps and designing RESTful API services.
· Experience with workflow management systems such as Prefect or Airflow.
· Strong interest or previous experience in finance preferred.