Leadership, Education and Athletics in Partnership (LEAP)
Development Database Associate
Description of the Organization:
For 28 years, LEAP has worked with children, teenagers, and young adults in New Haven, Connecticut in some of the lowest income neighborhoods in America. As the largest youth agency in our city, we provide academic supports, social enrichment, and leadership development, but we do so in a unique way. We give older students (ages 16-24) the training, education, and resources they need to work as Senior and Junior Counselors to our younger students and Leaders in Training (ages 7-15). In doing so, we go beyond impacting individual lives through education and employment. We build a community with power and purpose.
We are looking for a committed, highly motivated individual who is excited to join a hard-working mission-driven Development team. The Development Database Associate is an integral part of the fundraising team, participating in the implementation of a development program to help support LEAP’s $3 million annual budget. LEAP’s development office is engaging in a mindful expansion to strengthen and grow our fundraising through the increased and improved cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies. As the Development Database Associate, you will be primarily responsible for managing our donor database. As a key part of our Development team, you will participate in all aspects of LEAP’s fundraising program including major events planning, marketing, and stewardship of donors.
Distinguishing characteristics, features, requirements:
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The position is a highly visible position requiring effective interaction and communication. The Development Database Associate must be detail oriented, highly organized, and self-motivated. The Development Database Associate must be able to manage our database effectively including data imports and exports as needed, handle a variety of correspondence with donors, and keep track of several administrative processes simultaneously.
Receives general direction, coaching, and performance evaluation from the Director of Development.
Important and essential duties:
- Responsible for gift entry and acknowledgement process, ensuring all accurate data entry using LEAP’s Raiser’s Edge database.
- Generate gift reports, queries, and exports for mailing lists, events, major donor plans, development reports, and reconciliation with the finance department.
- Ensure the integrity of the database, including data hygiene, data enhancement services, and quality control checks.
- Provide data analytics to the Director of Development and Development Coordinator as requested.
- Research prospects and donors as needed.
- Liaise with the finance department to reconcile gifts and pledges.
- Communicate effectively with donors via phone, email and mail.
- Manage department operations, assist with the department budget by tracking all department expenses, and liaise with other departments.
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of LEAP fundraising events and development projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and systems, including processing all gifts, managing the database, and performing administrative and office duties.
- Ability to function and thrive in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time wisely.
- Ability to interface with diverse constituencies, including funders, local community members, and all levels of the organization.
- Database experience, especially Raiser’s Edge, is a big plus but not required. Strong interest in learning to manage a database is important.
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in Publisher, the Adobe Suite or other design programs is a plus.
- Demonstrates tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling confidential information.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Is highly organized and able to multitask.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, via email, and on the phone.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and make sound decisions while remaining flexible.
Education and training:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying.
Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
Salary commensurate to experience and other qualifications. Generous benefit package.
If you are interested in this position please send a letter of interest, your resume and a short writing sample to email@example.com. If you have questions, you may email your questions to the same email address.
This position is currently remote but will be based out of the LEAP office in New Haven, CT eventually.
Additional information about the organization is available via www.leapforkids.org.
~LEAP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer~