Orient Securities (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is an integrated securities company established with the approval of the China Securities Regulatory Commission. Its predecessor, Orient Securities Limited Liability Company, commenced operations on March 9, 1998. Headquartered in Shanghai, the Company has existing registered capital of RMB6.994 billion. It was successfully listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange on March 23, 2015 (Stock Code: 600958), issued H-share successfully, and be listed on July 8, 2016 (Stock Code: 03958), becoming the 5th A+H share listed securities firm in the industry.
After 20 years of development, the Company has gradually grown from a securities company staffed with just 586 employees and a network of 36 securities branches to a listed securities financial holding group with total assets of more than RMB200 billion, net assets of more than RMB50 billion, and more than 5,000 employees with 168 securities branches in 81 cities nationwide. The Company offers comprehensive one-stop professional integrated financial services comprising securities, futures, asset management, wealth management, investment banking, investment advisory, and securities research.
The Company has the following wholly-owned subsidiaries: Shanghai Orient Securities Futures Co., Ltd., Shanghai Orient Securities Asset Management Co., Ltd., Shanghai Orient Securities Capital Investment Co., Ltd., Orient Finance Holdings (Hong Kong) Limited, and Shanghai Orient Securities Innovation Investment Co., Ltd. It has also set up a joint venture with Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited, namely Citi Orient Securities Co., Ltd. in which the Company has a controlling interest, and it is the largest shareholder of China Universal Asset Management Company Limited.
The Company has continued to adhere to the corporate spirit of being “United, Enterprising, Pragmatic, Efficient”, and is committed to creating a “modern investment bank with first-class core competitiveness in China that provides integrated financial services to customers”.
Recent graduates who demonstrate strong potential will spend two years training in a wide variety of departments. By completing numerous rotations across several different departments, trainees will gain solid experience in financial technology investment research. More importantly, by working across a variety of departments, trainees will cultivate the invaluable overall perspective that makes Orient Securities the industry trailblazer.
- March 31, 2021 — June 6, 2021: online summer internship application due
- Mid to late April: Campus Lecture
- April to June: applicants assessed (interviews / written exams) & selected
- July to September: summer intensive internship
- Middle to late October: interns complete their final defense. Outstanding candidates are given formal job offers.
- 2022: following graduation, new hires begin their two-year training period.
- Degrees & Certificates: 2022 Master’s Degree or above; Domestic or foreign universities; Preferred areas of study: investment and research, computer, software, electronics, and similar major
- Ability to think logically, learn quickly, communicate well, coordinate effectively, and thrive when challenged to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate a passion for investment research and fintech, coupled with an active commitment to becoming an outstanding talent in the field.
- Able to devote the entire summer to a full-time internship.
- CPA, CFA, or other legal professional qualification (preferred).
Position: Investment research
Expect to hire 30-50 students
Direction of equity
- The value discoverers of high-quality equity assets master and apply industry / company research framework, financial modeling and valuation methods to obtain equity asset pricing income, and build marketing and customer service capabilities based on in-depth investment and research capabilities
Non equity direction
- Fixed income: the value discoverer of high-quality fixed income assets, building and continuously tracking and optimizing the investment strategy of fixed income assets
- Financial derivatives: effectively use all kinds of financial derivatives to optimize the income risk ratio of securities companies’ assets and related businesses
Expect to hire 20-30 students
Self investment direction
- Build a comprehensive and systematic investment business management platform
- Construction of fast and high frequency trading execution channel
- Quantitative analysis, modeling, strategy research and development, optimization of quantitative investment research and management system construction
Direction of wealth management
- Construction of digital and intelligent wealth management service platform
- To provide customers with three-dimensional, digital online investment service platform
- Internet Financial app for combination of intelligent investment advisory and high quality business operation
- For collaborative and systematic online management,
- Digital risk control management system, quantitative investment and research, and corporation position management and construction
Innovative research and platform empowerment
- Cutting-edge development and applied research of artificial intelligence on the fintech
- Data governance field, Implementation of new framework of data warehouse, intelligent strategy research based on data application, data visualization, data analysis, data modeling
- Fast and stable global market data center services
- The development and management of the basic platform of intelligent operation management
- The application of artificial intelligence in modern intelligent operation and operation management（Noise reduction, positioning, tracing, big data analytics）
- Construction of remote operation and operation system