Looking for work during the summer break? Lindamood-Bell has over 60 permanent locations and many more seasonal locations across the United States, Australia, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
About the Instructor (Tutor) Position:
We are looking for energetic, positive individuals to work as Instructors (Tutors) in our Lindamood-Bell® Learning Centers and Seasonal Learning Clinics. We teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential, including those with a previous diagnosis such as dyslexia or an autism spectrum disorder.
Lindamood-Bell instruction is implemented by Instructors we call Clinicians, and Learning Center instructional leaders utilizing our co-founders’ research-validated programs. Clinicians work with students one-to-one and/or in a small group settings, implementing lesson plans that follow Lindamood-Bell programs for reading, language comprehension, and math. They also might facilitate curriculum for students enrolled in our private school, Lindamood-Bell Academy. Clinicians work with students in-person and online.
We believe in the importance of investing in our employees so every member of our Star Cast can succeed to his or her potential. We provide our eligible Star Cast members traditional benefit packages, discounts, and additional perks. Eligibility varies with employment level, location, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
If you become part of our Star Cast, here are possible benefits for which you will be eligible:
- Employees in some states may be eligible for sick pay.
- Employees who meet specific criteria may also be eligible for a 401(k).
- Company-wide discounts on many services and products including, Apple products, cell phones, and auto rental deals.
About Lindamood-Bell Instructors:
- Employ a Socratic questioning method to help students develop their language and literacy skills
- Implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximize learning, in a cheerful and authentic manner
- Have excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills
- Are proficient with basic computer skills and are able to type notes about student performance while leading engaging sessions
- Have a passion for helping others reach their potential
- Provide one-to-one and/or small group instruction, in-person or online, based upon each client’s learning needs
- Work with Center Director or Center Manager, Associate Center Director, and Consultants to implement client plans
- Facilitate use of curriculum provided for Lindamood-Bell Academy students
- Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment
Lindamood-Bell is an internationally recognized leader in the research and remediation of learning difficulties. Our Learning Centers are located across the United States, as well as in Australia, Canada, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. We provide professional development to educators around the world. Over the years we have partnered with institutions including the University of Washington, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, MIT, Wake Forest University, and Georgetown University, to allow for independent analysis of our instruction. Our work has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and has been reviewed in scientific journals such as Nature, Neuron, and NeuroImage. Reporting on our success has appeared in Newsweek, US News, and World Report, CNN, BBC and PBS, among others.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com.
To learn more about employment opportunities at Lindamood-Bell, please visit our Career Site at: https://lindamoodbellcareers.silkroad.com/
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants and criminal histories.
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructor, Educator, Teach, Teacher, Tutor, Tutoring, Education, Training, Learning, Clinician
Bachelor’s degree preferred. AA degree or actively pursuing a degree is acceptable.