This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 37 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC Strategic Investments Group seeks qualified interns for the position of Marketing Intern, Strategic Investments to assist with maintaining website updates, social media, and other marketing materials. This position is open to full-time students enrolled in an academic program.
The Strategic Investments team at LISC leads a multi-dimensional effort pursuing a range of high-impact investments that create jobs, fuel small businesses, revitalize commercial areas, improve housing, expand local incomes and make communities safer and stronger. Strategic Investments works with: Investors – from fundraising and structuring Impact Funds to asset and portfolio management, Developer and Small Businesses – from supporting real estate development and economic development and planning to asset management, and Local Community Stakeholders – from arranging convenings and advisory services to project and capacity building.
The Marketing Intern will provide critical support to the Marketing department within the Strategic Investments Team. The Marketing Intern will learn about impact investing, while honing marketing and communication skills.
The intern will learn the components of communications and outreach activities as described below. A willingness to learn is critical and the intern should feel comfortable learning new forms of technology.
- Maintain and update website content, collateral materials, PowerPoint decks
- Create content for social media accounts
- Update graphics for print and digital platforms
- Assist Senior Director with creating Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist Senior Director in developing and refining messaging and strategy for the team
- Organize marketing materials
- Maintain marketing contact information in Salesforce
- Other activities as they arise
- Be actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a concentration or major in communications, marketing, graphic design, web design, or similar degree. An interest in impact investing or community development is preferred.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have reliable access to internet during work hours (this is a remote position).
- Be proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel), internet research, social media platforms.
- Salesforce and/or graphic design software experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and navigate new software.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Marketing Intern, Strategic Investments” in the subject line of your email. Please, no telephone calls or unsolicited inquiries.
Interns will not be promised continued employment at the end of the internship.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, & JUSTICE