The Learning Intern will support the work in the collaborative learning and social innovation areas within the LA Phil’s Learning Department. They will support the work of the Learning Department Project Managers and the day-to-day operation of Learning programs, with emphasis on administrative duties related to YOLA (Youth Orchestra Los Angeles) local sites and YOLA National summer programs. They will also assist in planning and implementation efforts related to the Judith and Thomas L. Beckmen YOLA Center opening in Inglewood in Spring/Summer 2021, and with the implementation of a new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform which is being rolled out at all YOLA sites. The intern will also assist in administration tasks across the department in collaboration with the Learning Coordinator and Learning Project Assistants. At the end of the internship, the intern will possess familiarity with activities of a Learning department in a major orchestra, the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment in the performing arts and the ability to prioritize and react to a rapidly changing environment.
· Assist in the support of education staff and teaching artists at YOLA sites
· Assist in YOLA curriculum development
· Assist in data collection and analysis efforts
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of schedules and event production materials
· Assist in program documentation and evaluation
· Assist in preparing and proofreading communication pieces including presentations, newsletters, talking points, information for web and social media, and marketing
· Other duties as assigned