This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Tribal Training & Technical Assistance Program
The Community Services Internship is ideal for those interested in working on behalf of Native American and Alaska Native communities. Interns will experience program and policy implementation at the federal level, while also learning about challenges being addressed and best practices underway in local communities. Interns also have the opportunity to observe the management of a national training center and explore approaches to help maximize the impact of federal funding for Tribes and Tribal Organizations. The Community Services Intern is an integral member of a small, collaborative team working to ensure high-quality, effective T/TA services for our national network of Tribes and Tribal Organizations. The successful candidate will be a team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and mission-driven environment.
- The position is remote/telework. Minimum time commitment is 20 hours per week, flexible
- Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm, for at least 12 weeks.
Successful candidates may have the option to extend their internship. Intern will be paid $20/hour.
Lux Consulting Group, Inc.
Lux Consulting Group, Inc. (Lux) is a dynamic, award-winning small business providing professional services to help government and non-government agencies run social and scientific programs at the local, national and international levels. Lux operates as a remote/telework/virtual workplace with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD. Lux is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tribal Training & Technical Assistance Program
Under contract with the U.S. HHS/ACF/Office of Community Services (OCS), Lux is proud to serve as the national Tribal Training & Technical Assistance provider for Native American and Alaska Native Tribes and Tribal Organizations receiving funds to serve low-income communities across the country. The Lux Tribal TTA Team operates a comprehensive T/TA Program offering resources such as an online resource center, education modules, live webinars, and personalized one-on-one consultations. Lux also supports grantee performance management, program monitoring and evaluation, as well as data compilation, analysis, and reporting.
- Become knowledgeable and stay up-to-date on relevant program opportunities and help maintain the list of available opportunities and news for grantees.
- Assist with development, formatting, and delivery of training and technical assistance products, including webinar materials, web-based tools and learning opportunities, conference PowerPoint presentations, fact sheets, and program guidebooks.
- Assist with grantee databases and engagement, including conducting phone calls and email outreach to grantees.
- Assist with timely updates to the Online Resource Center website via WordPress.
- Ensure proofing and quality control on all activities and deliverables.
- Complete miscellaneous administrative duties, including preparing correspondence and shipments, tracking meeting notes, and maintaining digital document files.
- Assist the Tribal T/TA Team with special projects as the need arises.
- Experience working with minority communities, especially Native American and Alaska Native communities, is preferred.
- Organizational and/or leadership experience that demonstrates project management and time management skills, as well as experience working with a team is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of Google platform applications,
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access), WordPress (or other web-based) content management system, and MailChimp (or other web-based) email system.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality service and work products.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Positive attitude and proactive, creative approach to addressing challenges as they arise.