At the Marshall Teacher Residency, we believe student-centered learning is the first step toward more equitable schools. We know that change starts by investing in the training and development of America’s future educators: YOU.
- Believe that all students can be successful?
- Want to build meaningful relationships with diverse students?
- Embrace an innovative approach to teaching and learning?
- Commit to learning and growing as an anti-racist educator?
Join the Marshall Teacher Residency!
We are currently recruiting for our 2021-22 Cohort, which starts in July 2021.
The Marshall Teacher Residency is a one-year educator preparation program that places hands-on practice, data-driven learning, collaboration, and mentorship at the heart of the Resident experience. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, our Residents apprentice in 6th – 12th grade classrooms for the full academic year while also completing the credentialing coursework leading to a California Single Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential.
As a Marshall Teacher Resident, you learn by doing:
- Clinical Practice: Four days a week, Residents learn alongside an experienced Cooperating Teacher, engaging students in deeper learning projects, developing student habits and skills that lead to success, and nurturing a strong sense of classroom community.
- Project-Based Curriculum: One day a week, Residents engage in their own learning experiences and coursework, led by the program faculty, using a project-based curriculum that is competency-based, self-directed, and student-centered. Residents collaborate with a diverse cohort of future teachers and engage in critical conversations about equity and inclusion.
- Professional Development and Support: Residents receive consistent support from a team of professional educators, working to meet the individual needs of each Resident while building coherence between the coursework and the school site experience.
Visit our website to learn more about the benefits of entering the teaching profession through the Marshall Teacher Residency, including:
- Affordable tuition and a living stipend during the year of the program
- A California Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential upon completion of the program
- Priority in the hiring process at our partner schools
- The option to pursue a one year Master’s in Education upon completion of the program
It is our priority to recruit a diverse cohort of aspiring teachers. People from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Be a part of the next generation of diverse educators, impacting students and shaping the future of education. Apply today!
Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities