The Division of Infectious Diseases at Massachusetts General Hospital is forging a clinical trials unit devoted to the study of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. We seek multiple Clinical Research Coordinators (CRCs) interested in playing a central role in cultivating and launching studies of global import.
This burgeoning team is seeking members who are mission-driven, intellectually curious, attentive to detail, and flexible. Sense of humor is a must.
We anticipate our CRCs going on to pursue careers in medicine, public health, epidemiology, global health, and/or health policy research.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via www.massgeneral.org/careers.
**When applying, please upload a cover letter, resume, and transcript (an unofficial transcript will do).**
Given the nature of the role, we request a 2-year commitment.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from start-up through closeout.
- Determine eligibility of and, in some cases, gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect, manage, and analyze patient and laboratory data per institutional and regulatory requirements. Prepare study-related documents including reports and findings.
- Perform systematic literature reviews and synthesize relevant data.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols. Complete, review, and/or audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions and ensure completion of Institutional Review Board renewals.
- Assemble materials for study visits, monitor scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with sponsors acting as primary contact.
- Participate in regulatory audits.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Interact with principal investigators regularly ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Aid in determining feasibility of new studies.
- Perform administrative support duties as required.
- Strong academic performance: 3.5+ cumulative GPA preferred with an equal or stronger performance in major.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to demonstrate respect for subjects’ rights and individual needs.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Intellectual independence, initiative, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (frequently in remote context).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; facility in learning new software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Equal opportunity employer:
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer actively committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff. Women and members of underrepresented minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.