If interested in this opportunity, please visit www.mghcareers.org and apply for JOB ID# 3146820 and also email your CV to Dr. Andrew Elia, MD, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org
A research technician position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Andrew Elia at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center. The candidate will assist in characterizing DNA damage response pathways necessary for maintaining genomic stability and thereby preventing cancer. This work will also focus on elucidating pathways involved in DNA damage activation of immune signaling. Overall, these studies will help to find new targets for the treatment of tumors with specific DNA repair defects and will help to improve the efficacy of combining genotoxic cancer treatments with immunotherapy. Position will commence between May – August 2021.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Characterize novel proteins involved in DNA damage and immune signaling pathways using cell biology and biochemistry techniques (CRISPR, RNAi, western blotting, immunofluorescence, immunoprecipitation, chromatography, flow cytometry, and reporter gene assays).
2. Perform standard molecular biology techniques (cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, production and purification of recombinant proteins).
3. Perform tissue culture work doing plasmid transfection, retroviral transduction, and lentiviral transduction.
4. Assist in CRISPR functional genomic screen to identify genes required for the selective survival of tumor cells with specific DNA repair or immune signaling defects.
5. Assist with quantitative mass spectrometry proteomics to identify novel post-translational modifications involved in the DNA damage response.
6. Assist with cancer gene mouse model.
7. Establish new and modify existing research techniques.
Self-motivated, excited by science and medicine
Ability to perform as a team member
Independent thinker who takes ownership of work
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Committed to producing accurate and high-quality work
Bachelor degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or related science field
1-3 years experience in a molecular laboratory preferred.