This market-leading financial services company is seeking analysts for a full-time developmental experience called “immerse,” a unique opportunity across MassMutual’s Strategy, Corporate Development and Consumer & Market Insights functions.
Learn more about the opportunity at our website: immerse.massmutual.com.
This role offers tightly sequenced exposure to work done across strategy consultancies, investment banks, and bespoke research agencies. Leadership consists of high-caliber professionals from management consulting and investment banking backgrounds with deep functional expertise. Leaders mentor analysts in an apprenticeship setting. immerse aims to transform bright, enterprising graduates into confident, dynamic professionals with strong foundations in structured thinking, problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis. Analysts will build expertise across a wide and deep range of topics that are transferable across career paths and leadership roles.
After an initial two years, immerse participants should expect to transition to new roles. Pathways may include retention within the Strategy, Corporate Development & Insights group (contingent on exceptional performance), MassMutual positions outside the group (e.g., divisional or operational roles), or positions outside MassMutual (e.g., finance, technology, graduate school).
- Brainstorm with team-members to break down complex, unstructured problems into sizeable and logical “working assertions”
- Structure and communicate points of view to prove or disprove working assertions, making use of best practices in competitive, industry, and consumer research
- Analyze data and interpret trends; build quantitative, financial models to value assets and evaluate business plans; evaluate large, proprietary datasets to uncover actionable insights
- Build client relationships through interactions across the business; participate and actively capture takeaways from executive meetings and develop compelling presentation skills
- Be an energetic member of the team and take ownership of team morale and culture; proactively highlight ways to improve the experience for yourself and other members of team; lead by example