At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by automating mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We’re looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineering Intern to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
This position is available for Fall 2021 and following terms, with flexibility on duration (minimum 12 week commitment).
What you’ll do
- Design parts & assemblies (including manufacturing processes and testing)
- GD&T and engineering tolerance analysis
- Establish relationships with vendors, suppliers, and CMs in a startup environment
- Contribute as an integral member of our small hardware team
What we look for
- Proven CAD skills (including master/skeleton modeling and managing large assemblies)
- Understanding of GD&T and engineering tolerance analysis
- Exposure to DFM, DFA, and tooling considerations
- Industry experience designing consumer robotics
- Thermal and fluid analysis expertise
- Comfort with fast-paced, unstructured startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We’d love to hear from you if…
You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
You love diagnosing complex technical issues
You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.