At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by automating mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We’re looking for an experienced Supplier Development Engineer (Supply Chain Engineer; Supplier Industrialization Engineer; Sourcing Engineer; Industrial Engineer) to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute a supplier engagement strategy for Matician’s flagship product
- Forge key technical partnerships with manufacturing partners to address concerns related to functionality, manufacturability, reliability, quality and much more
- Conduct primary research and channel it into precise and robust cost predictions for different stages of product development cycle
- Act as a central conduit for all communication between Matician’s design engineers and its partners in the upstream supply chain
- Own ultimate responsibility of managing suppliers for the complete Bill of Materials
- Identify and execute key projects that help setup the entire supply chain operation for the company
What we look for
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Prior experience in casting, overmolding, tooling, and plastic injection molding
- Proven project management, supply chain management, and supplier relationships skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks 2012 or later (PDM or EPDM preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Comfort with fast-paced, unstructured startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We’d love to hear from you if
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zone
- You love diagnosing and solving complex assembly issues
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.