Title: Legal Analyst
Contract: Permanent position with a 2 year minimum commitment
Salary: Starting salary of £30,000.00 per annum, rising to £32,000.00 per annum in the second year
Location: Maidenhead (near London), United Kingdom
Start date: Fall 2021
McAllister Olivarius is an international law firm, based in the UK and the U.S., specialising in equality and anti-discrimination law. We are a plaintiffs’ firm with a focus on feminism and social justice and a desire to improve the law and innovate the practice of law as part of our work.
Our purpose is to make whole those who have suffered injustice. Our vision is a better world where the law works better for everyone.
About Our Firm: We specialize in representing clients who have suffered discrimination, harassment or abuse. We operate on both sides of the Atlantic to represent people with damages inflicted at work, at school or college, at home or online. Our work includes high-profile contentious and non-contentious employment cases, including wrongful dismissal, discrimination, harassment, victimization and whistleblowing, Title VII and Title IX, as well as online harassment including image-based abuse. We also handle child sex abuse cases and smaller commercial and corporate matters, typically with a cross-border dimension. The founding partners are both graduates of Yale Law School and Oxford, and our lawyers and legal assistants have graduated from Yale, Harvard, Duke, Cambridge, LSE, Oxford, Trinity College Dublin and many other institutions.
About the Position: We seek Legal Analysts willing to live in the UK for a minimum of 2 years. The main purpose of this position is to assist attorneys by actively participating in all stages of client interaction and development, from the first intake meetings to the resolution of complex disputes. Duties include:
- Performing substantial case-driven research and legal analysis;
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence;
- Contributing to team efforts to devise strategies for achieving our clients’ goals;
- Developing relationships with our clients and serving as their primary contact with the firm, responding to their queries and working with our attorneys to address their concerns;
- Maintaining accurate timesheets and expense accounts;
- Preparing monthly invoices for our clients;
- Contributing to the expansion of our office by combining legal tasks with entrepreneurial undertakings designed to help us grow our brand. This may include supporting our other departments, including business development and special projects; and
- Occasional travel on firm business.
About you: You should be energetic, imaginative and have a sense of humor; able to hold a conversation at any level but also know how to listen; a good organizer who is willing to “muck in”; a good proofreader with exacting standards for your own work.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and CV to Ava Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Legal Analyst Application” in the subject line.
For more information, please contact:
Ava Cook, Practice Manager
The Pearce Building, 7th Floor