CLIENT SERVICES/INTAKE STAFF – FULL TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) seeks a Client Services/Intake staff member for our Minneapolis office. Our Intake staff are often the first point of contact clients have with MMLA and use a person-centered approach in screening and discussing the client’s situation. During the COVID-19 public health emergency, intake staff are working remotely. MMLA provides legal representation in civil matters to clients with low incomes, people with disabilities, and seniors.
· Conduct initial client intakes by phone or online to determine eligibility
o Interview potential client to collect facts in the case
o Write a summary of the interview
o Enter information into and maintain a case management database
· Answer the main switchboard and direct callers to staff and make referrals
· Create and send form letters
· Apply the principles of Legal Aid’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all work-related business and interactions
· Greet and assist visitors to the office
· Interpret/translate (assuming additional language abilities)
· Perform other tasks as needed
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Office is required
· The ability to relate to the client community and self-motivation
· Skills in a language other than English, particularly Somali, Arabic, Oromo, or Spanish is a plus
· The ability to work as part of a team, multi-task, and work well under pressure is important
· Legal training, knowledge of community resources, experience with case management software, experience with diverse populations are all preferred, but not required
HOURS/SALARY: Starting salary for the position is $31,035 to $39,950 D.O.E. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, family medical, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance.
DEADLINE: Applications due by March 3, 2021, or until position is filled.
APPLICATIONS: Cover letter, resume, and three job-related reference should be submitted online at: https://mylegalaid.org/employment.
No calls please.
MMLA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer