Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (Legal Aid) is hiring a Legal Support Specialist to join our support staff team in the Minneapolis office. The support staff team consists of Legal Secretaries and Legal Support Specialists; the Legal Support Specialist position combines the skills and duties of a paralegal and legal secretary.
- Apply the principles of Legal Aid’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Provide administrative support for case handlers such as generating documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and litigation software
- Organize and maintain legal case files and case calendars, client communications, and other administrative tasks as needed
- Provide litigation support, including: assisting with the drafting of discovery documents and other discovery-related tasks, reviewing and analyzing pleadings, applying coding/bate stamping schemes to documents and/or exhibits, e-filing and e-serving through the various court systems, and other litigation support tasks as needed
- Assist others on the support staff team as needed
- Ability and desire to relate to Legal Aid’s client community
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects with strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies, software systems, and processes as they are deployed
- Advanced proofreading, formatting, and editing skills
- Ability to organize and maintain large volumes of electronic and paper files
- Knowledge of litigation processes, including document production and other discovery projects, document management, and trial procedures
- Familiarity with e-filing/e-serving
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with a PDF manipulation software such as Adobe Acrobat or Foxit Phantom, electronic discovery processing, document imaging applications, and litigation support applications
- Paralegal certificate or comparable experience
- Typing skills of at least 65 wpm
SALARY/BENEFITS: $31,546 to $40,949 per year, depending on experience. Benefits include family health insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, vacation, and sick leave. This position is non-exempt.
APPLICATIONS: Resume and a cover letter explaining interest in the position should be submitted online at http://www.mylegalaid.org/employment by March 29, 2021.
Late applications will be considered until the position is filled.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.