The Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC), an extension of Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA), is seeking a full-time, temporary (one year) program assistant to work in our Minneapolis, Duluth, or Mankato office. This position may transition to a full-time, permanent position depending on passing a security clearance, grant funding, and office needs. At this time, all or most activities will be done remotely. In the future, activities may be done in person, with travel throughout Minnesota required. This position will start as soon as possible after the position is filled.
- Support three of the MDLC’s federal grants by editing and filing grant reports and materials
- Create and edit written materials, such as reports, PowerPoints, and other publications
- Draft letters, releases of information, and other documents for reviewers and case handlers
- Support other staff by mailing, faxing, copying, scanning, and creating files in case management systems
- Contacting clients/representative payees to schedule appointments
- Assist with MDLC’s monitoring efforts, including researching facilities and tracking visits for grant reporting
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- May perform onsite monitoring of facilities that serve people with disabilities in Minnesota as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Government security clearance and fingerprinting is a requirement for this position
- Access to reliable transportation, as statewide travel is required
- Experience with or general knowledge of services, laws, and issues affecting people with disabilities
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of grant reporting preferred
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Second language skills, particularly Spanish, ASL, or Somali, preferred
- Diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences preferred
SALARY: $33,885 to $34,908 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter at www.mylegalaid.org/employment by April 23rd, 2021, or until position is filled. Please indicate that you are applying for the MDLC Program Assistant position in your cover letter and specify which office location – Minneapolis, Duluth, or Mankato – you prefer.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.