Middlemarch Partners is a New York-based merchant banking firm that provides the capital raising and acquisition advisory services of an investment bank and selectively invests as a lead investor or co-investor alongside lead sponsors in private equity and private credit transactions. The firm seeks exceptional individuals who can contribute to Middlemarch’s banking and investing franchise.
Middlemarch focuses on financial services, business services, and impact investing sectors. The firm has deep domain expertise in alternative finance, financial technology, transaction processing, renewable resources, and outsourced professional services.
Over the last ten years, Middlemarch Partners has raised over $1.1 billion dollars in debt and equity from leading private equity firms, hedge funds, credit funds, family offices, and strategic investors.
Associates will work closely with the Founding Partners of Middlemarch to develop and serve clients as well as to evaluate potential investments. Organized in small, collaborative teams, Middlemarch Partners expects Associates to take on leadership roles in supporting clients and helping build the firm. Successful Associates are comfortable working directly with senior clients as well as working independently on analytic efforts.
· Identify, research, and analyze investment, M&A, and financing opportunities
· Develop and maintain complex financial models, including loan tapes and other alternative finance products
· Complete and review public and private company valuation analyses
· Conduct research on company and industry trends
· Perform client due diligence
· Create PowerPoint presentations that will be used by clients and investors
· Interact with senior bankers, clients, investors, lawyers, and accountants
· Participate in evaluating potential candidates for Middlemarch investments
· Prepare information memoranda and other transaction-related documentation to share with Middlemarch LPs and co-investors
· Meet with C-suite members of client organizations and work closely with them on their capital markets strategies and transactions
· Interact with portfolio company management teams on special projects, including finance and strategic planning initiatives
· Participate in the writing of thought leadership articles that Middlemarch develops for its clients and its prospects
· Monitor Middlemarch portfolio company’s financial performance
· Manage and develop junior team members