The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB) will hire one (1) motivated intern to assist the Planning Division over the summer months. Interns will primarily work outdoors counting visitors to the regional parks and trails in Minneapolis. Additional duties include assistance with community engagement, information gathering, analysis, and other tasks related to current projects and strategic initiatives.
The Planning Division provides expertise to lead, advise, and guide the development and redevelopment of the Minneapolis park system. The division oversees park system analysis and master planning, capital program development, real estate management, design and engineering, and park construction administration.
- Course of study related to urban studies, environmental sciences, landscape architecture, or park and leisure studies
- Demonstrated interest in parks and open space
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite, Adobe CS, and digital meeting platforms; ArcGIS skills and experience with interactive technologies a plus
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Must be available weekends and holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day)
- Coursework and/or experience in strategic planning, environmental studies, urban design, or recreation management
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
- Employment Dates: Week of May 24th through September 10th, 2021
- 35 – 38 hours weekly
- $14.25 per hour, non-benefited (mileage reimbursement eligible)
Please Note: During COVID-19, most planning staff have been working remotely and it’s unclear when staff will fully transition back into the office.
Apply by submitting the following materials on or before March 19, 2021 @ 4 pm to email@example.com in either MS Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format.
- Cover letter detailing your availability and reason(s) for interest in the position
Direct questions and application materials to:
Madeline Hudek, Planning Division
Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board | 2117 West River Road | Minneapolis, MN 55411
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 612-283-9496
(Paper applications may be mailed to the address above before the application deadline)