Small, highly-respected employment law firm seeks a bright, enthusiastic graduate to join our team. We are committed to social justice and help workers/employees exclusively.
You will work directly with the firm’s founding attorney, and will have the opportunity to transition to a paralegal role after a year of on-the-job training/learning.
- Conducting initial phone intakes with prospective clients — a primary duty;
- Drafting legal documents under supervision of attorney, including pleadings and written discovery;
- Providing client support, including by emailing and calling them;
- Drafting letters;
- Conducting legal research and cite-checking;
- Fact gathering and retrieving information and documents;
- Calendaring and meeting deadlines;
- Processing and entering data;
- Answering phones;
- Scanning/organizing/filing documents, sorting incoming mail;
- Assisting with social media/marketing/blogging;
- Running errands and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Start date flexible (April to July 2021) as we want to be sure that you can receive training from our beloved departing paralegal.
Work is currently largely remote, but we will want you to be in the office in Pasadena once vaccinations are widely available.