During this 10-week program, Summer Analysts are placed directly into one of the following sector teams: Consumer, Energy, Utilities, Financials, Healthcare, Industrials, Materials, Media, Telecommunication or Technology. The placements are made based on the needs of the department and the skill set of the candidate.
The Summer Analyst Program begins with a training and development curriculum that covers the fundamental and professional skills you need for success in Equity Research. After a brief training period, Summer Analysts will be assigned to a specific industry group, building a strong foundation in the basic skills of fundamental analysis, accounting and valuation. There will be networking opportunities and ongoing training throughout the program.
• Gather and analyze industry data to develop an industry-specific vision.
• Update and build financial models on the companies and industry you follow.
• Analyze emerging trends in an industry or macro economy.
• Assess relative stock valuations and review findings with your team.
• Build relationships within Sales & Trading and Research.
Morgan Stanley is made up of many talents and perspectives. One way we demonstrate our commitment to diversity is through the Sophomore Summer Program. This program is an integral part of our diversity recruiting efforts helping to attract Black, Hispanic, Native American, Female and/or LGBT+ college sophomores.
• You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date of December 2023 or Spring 2024.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA.
• You have basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance.
• You are analytical, adaptive, possess a strong work ethic, are a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker.
• You possess strong oral and written communication skills.