Fund Services Job Descriptions: Portfolio Analytics
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) is a leading fund administration business with ~$500 billion assets under administration and 1,000+ professionals across New York, London, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hong Kong. MSFS services a global institutional client base, providing hedge funds, multi-asset class investors, family offices and private equity firms with innovative product solutions. Primarily, MSFS provides accounting, investor servicing, reporting, tax, middle and back-office support, and portfolio analytics. MSFS employees work closely with the Chief Operating Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Portfolio Managers and investors of our clients.
The MSFS Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program that begins with one week of classroom training, followed by four rotations within the Portfolio Analytics business.
All Summer Analysts will receive on-the-job training and exposure to a wide variety of roles, products and services throughout MSFS, working alongside experienced professionals in a fast-paced, client-facing, and market-driven environment. Summer Analysts will have the opportunity to broaden and strengthen their respective skillsets, collaborating with individuals across MSFS on meaningful projects and initiatives. In addition, the Program features a Senior Management Speaker Series, teach-ins, cross-divisional networking events, community service events, performance reviews, and a robust mentorship program.
The program begins with a one-day orientation where Summer Analysts are introduced to the Firm and primary businesses, as well as to one another at our opening Firmwide networking event. For the remainder of training, Summer Analysts will attend divisional-specific events designed to help develop the core skills required for a successful summer.
Portfolio Analytics: Our Portfolio Analytics team works closely with the Chief Operating Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Portfolio Managers and Traders of our Clients. The team leverages proprietary MSFS technology tools and quantitative expertise to help our clients understand and analyze the main drivers of their performance and risk, be it for internal or external communication.
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements:
· Current undergraduate student with a graduation date of December 2022 or Spring 2023
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg is preferred
· Knowledge of VBA/R and familiarity with an object oriented programming or statistical scripting language is a plus
· Basic understanding of common financial instruments (e.g., equity swaps, future and options, bonds, and foreign currency forwards) preferred
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Collaborative, quick learner, adaptable, enjoy solving problems, possess a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
· A keen interest in finance and markets