PLACEMENT AND DURATION
The Wealth Management Summer Analyst Program is a competitive 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working in a specific group. Summer Analysts will work closely with either Investment Strategies, Solutions or Product Management teams. They will gain a thorough understanding of the Wealth Management business and the full range of financial products and services available to our clients. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full Time Analyst.
The Wealth Management Headquarters is based in Purchase, NY. The Summer Analyst Program placements will be in New York City and/or Purchase, NY.
The Wealth Management training program consists of a curriculum designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need in order to be successful in Wealth Management. The Program is one week long and includes a Firmwide orientation, business overviews, professional development, technical training and networking events. A speaker series is also a part of the overall training and is run throughout the duration of the Program.
Responsibilities vary according to the track you are placed in.
Investment Strategies, Solutions and Product Management: Develop communications and marketing plans for Financial Advisors, Field Management and their clients. Work on important initiatives and projects across various teams such as Financial Planning, Business Development, Marketing/Digital Strategy or Field Communications. Meet with investment managers to evaluate market opportunities and products. Evaluate investment quality and consistency of Wealth Management products.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
• You are pursuing an undergraduate degree (junior) or a Master’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023.
• Minimum 3.5 GPA.
• You have basic knowledge and a keen interest in finance.
• You are analytical, adaptive, a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker.
• You possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without requiring, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.