This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERN
We are looking for engineers who are motivated to solve hard problems and learn along the way. They will help develop stable and high quality software on Motional’s embedded platforms.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Designing and developing infrastructure software on various hardware platforms for applications such as Vision Processing, Safety Monitoring etc., to be run on self-driving vehicles and equivalent hardware in the loop systems.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience writing software in C++
- Passion to learn new technology stacks and to get things done!
- Robotics experience is a plus
- Linux development is a plus
- RTOS based development is a plus
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
- THE PLATFORM INFRASTRUCTURE EMBEDDED SOFTWARE TEAM DESIGNS AND DEVELOPS HIGH QUALITY SOFTWARE TO LEVERAGE EMBEDDED COMPUTE PLATFORMS FOR AUTONOMY STACK DEVELOPMENT AND TO BOLSTER THE SAFETY CRITICAL APPLICATIONS ON THE MOTIONAL VEHICLE PLATFORMS. WE ARE A TEAM OF ENGINEERS WHO BRING A BROAD EXPERIENCE IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND LEVERAGE THIS TO DEVELOP SOFTWARE WHICH PUSHES THE BOUNDARIES OF WHAT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED IN THE AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE SAFETY SPACE.